Why are Search Engines so Important?
- Research overwhelming proves that online audiences use search engines to find information.
- In the united states alone, more than 12 billion web searches are conducted each month.
- The majority of web users choose one of the top four suggestions on the search results page (SERP).
- The top Google listing gets one-third of all clicks. The second, third, and fourth share 63 percent of the clicks. All the other listings share the final 4 percent.
SEO is the process of structuring a website and its content so that it is found by search engines. Optimizing a website for search engines is also a great way to increase its quality — making it user- friendly, faster, and easier to navigate.
- More than 41 percent of traffic to U.S. university and college websites is from organic search.
- From Georgia Tech's own analytics reports, visitors from organic search account for well more than half of our web traffic.
So, making sure our content is findable continues to be important. You can serve your audience better by making sure that the information they want is one of the first five search results on Google or Bing. Search Engine Optimization is the only way to guarantee that this happens.